Monday, January 7, 2008

Happy New Year

Happy New Year to a New Me.

I've decided it was time to make some New Years Resolutions again:
1. Stop cussing - each bad word costs me a quarter.
2. Stop nagging - if I have to tell the kids again to do their job it costs me a quarter but them a quarter also if they fail to do the job.
3. Biggest One Here: Eat Healthier and get more exercise - a/k/a Lose some weight.

My ultimate goal will be 100 lbs over time. I know it won't happen right away but I will be happy with 1-2 lbs/week. Of course more will always be accepted. I'm keeping track of my calories and exercise on my D & E Assistant and so far the week is looking pretty good. I've really had to push myself to get extra good calories but I just need to add some milk. Normally I'm a good milk drinker but there are times I forget to drink it - that won't happen any more.

Yesterday was J's 10th birthday and I allowed myself one slice of pizza and a cupcake. I ended up eating only half the cupcake as it felt like a brick in my stomach. The kids had a great time ice-skating while us mom's talked and watched them skate. We all had a great time. Had dinner at my mom's house and made great choices and felt good after dinner. I did go to the gym for some cardio and to burn the cupcake off.

Today I go to the gym with my personal trainer who should be proud that I've done so well this week but will be even happier when I tell her I'm committed to the weight loss and exercise - thanks to the Biggest Loser. She said it would inspire me and was she right. I want to live a long time and asked dh how long he would like me to live. I made it clear I need support from everyone: family, friends and co-workers. So far - soooo good!

Tuesdays are my weigh in day so I will post my ups and downs on this day.

No comments: